Thursday 28 November 2013

Homemade Fudge

As I have been looking for something new to feed my sweet cravings I decided to have a look and see what I could make at home.  Buying lots of chocolate is costly! I stumbled across a recipe for peanut butter fudge, sounds delicious!!!

For the recipe you need icing sugar, butter, peanut butter (I went for smooth but it doesn't specify so up to you if you want crunchy fudge) and vanilla.  I forgot the vanilla when I went to the shop, so made the fudge without it.


Measure out 225g butter - this is nearly a whole block, use what you have left to grease your tray.  Next measure 200g peanut butter.  Place the butter and peanut butter in a bowl and put in microwave on high for 2 minutes.  Whilst this is melting measure 450g icing sugar.  After the 2 minutes stir your butter/peanut butter mixture then put in microwave on high for another 2 minutes.

Add your peanut butter/butter mixture (and vanilla) to the icing sugar and stir well with a wooden spoon.  Once it's stirred in (I had to get Mr M to help with that part as I'm a wimp and couldn't stir it well enough) place the mixture in your tray which should be lined with waxed paper.  I used tin foil.  Remember to grease your lining with butter so it doesn't stick!

Place your tray in the fridge to cool, I left mine for 1 hour 30 minutes to be sure.  Turn your fudge out of the tray and cut into pieces, it was quite crumbly so they won't be perfect squares but who cares as long as it tastes good!  Place your fudge in airtight container(s) and you can store it for a week.  I have put mine in the fridge to store as well but it doesn't say you need to do that. 

Taste test - wow!!! The fudge melts in your mouth! It is very peanut buttery too, yum!!  It is very moreish, I woke up this morning feeling a tad sick so have decided to kindly donate some to Mr M's work as Mr M can't have any due to it pretty much being sugar.  I was thinking that this would be great to keep in the house for when we have visitors to see bump when he arrives, it doesn't take much effort to make and it saves on going out to buy biscuits!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment