Monday 25 November 2013

37 weeks

Today I am 37 weeks pregnant, only 3 weeks to go (we hope!!).  Bump is now classed as full term so he can arrive anytime and his lungs and internal organs should be fully developed and able to function.  We had told bump a number of times that we can't wait to see him and he can now feel free to arrive anytime. 

Apparently bump is 48.6cm long which is the same as a stalk of Swiss Chard.  I don't know about anyone else but I had no idea what that was, its a kind of spinach plant.  He weighs about 2.8kg.  He could also have a lovely head of hair, if the old wives tale is right about indigestion and hair then I think he might!

I haven't slept well the past 2 nights, I used to be able to get comfy lying on my left side but the past 2 nights whenever I do that I have felt cramps and feelings of pressure down below.  Last night even lying on my side for a matter of seconds the feeling of pressure was too much.  I have had to prop myself upright with a mountain of pillows (or my throne as Mr M calls it) and sleep in a sitting position.  I thought this morning when I woke up and looked in the mirror that my bump had lowered but after my shower I looked again and I wasn't so sure it had.  It is also quite uncomfortable for me to move around.  I have been trying to walk about as that is supposed to help bump engage but I've been having to sit down to ease the pressure feelings.

I have also been doing the cat/cow exercise to see if that helps him engage and tonight Mr M is going to blow up my exercise ball as its become a little flat and I'm going to do figure of 8 exercises on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment