Monday 25 November 2013

Date Day

Mr M & I have always tried to have date nights throughout our relationship but we've found these even more important since I have been pregnant.  It's also something we would like to carry on when bump arrives.  We both think it is important to spend time just the 2 of us and at the moment we are making the most of it as when bump arrives that will change.

We had our date day on Saturday.  Each time we have a date day or date night we do something different, it isn't something extravagant and other people might think "what's special about that" but it's what feels special to us.

On Saturday we went for a lovely walk, living by the sea we always have a lovely walk along the beach.  A walk gives us chance to talk, whether it be about bump, us or silly things like football and tv shows.  When we got back to the house we watched some of our shows on the planner and some football, luckily for Mr M I love football - it's always on in our house and I sometimes wish Sky just did a subscription to Sky Sports as not many other channels get used!!

We then both got dressed up for a lovely meal.  We always both make an effort and I did my nails and put on a dress I could fit into.  Mr M looked dapper in his shirt and jeans.  We cooked a lovely meal together and enjoyed the fruits of our labour.  We then retired to cosy on the sofa watching Dr Who with a glass of Schloer for me and a beer for Mr M. 

It was a lovely way to spend the day together.  As I get bigger I'm not as mobile so we chose to have a relaxing day but also do something that gets us out of the house for a bit.  We hope to fit in another date day/night before bump arrives but that depends on when he comes as we have a few things on for the next few weekends with friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment