Thursday 21 November 2013

36 Week Midwife Appointment

We have just got home from our 36 week appointment with the midwife.  My urine is fine again and they took a blood sample (thankfully my last) to check my blood count and iron levels.  I expect this to be fine as my iron level at 28 weeks was pretty much the same as my booking appointment and I take supplements every day.

My blood pressure continues to be low and I have felt a little bit dizzy today when standing up but I just have to take my time and make sure I rest.  Bump is definitely lying in the right direction with his head down which is great news.  His heart beat was really strong, we always love listening to his heart beat as its the next best thing to seeing him.

The midwife felt around my pubic bone to check whether bump is engaged, my god it was painful!! I don't think I have the best pain threshold and labour worries me because of this but she was having a fair poke and wiggle! As I have been experiencing feelings of pressure down below I thought that bump might be on his way to being engaged however his head is apparently lying on the pelvic brim.  I was a little disappointed when she told us this.  Any other time of year I wouldn't care when he arrived as long as he was healthy but I do not want him to be born on Christmas day!! I don't care if I go over or if he comes early but that one day I don't want him to be born.  I want his birthday to be special and I know that we would make it like that no matter what day he arrived but I don't think anyone else will.  I don't want him missing out on a birthday and Christmas like everyone else.

Unfortunately we didn't plan when we got pregnant, I had been on the pill for so long it took us a while to get pregnant and we were just so happy that it happened.  At the end of the day I know that we will do our best to make sure he has a wonderful birthday whenever he is born but I just don't want him to miss out.  I know I need to focus on the fact that we will have a happy and healthy baby but this worry is always at the back of my mind


No comments:

Post a Comment