Thursday 27 February 2014

Mummy starting to feel normal

I am starting to feel like me again!!!

There was a time a few weeks ago that I wondered would I ever not feel pain in my stomach again!  I was beginning to worry that there was something wrong and that I wasn't healing properly.  People keep telling me I have had major abdominal surgery - yes this is true but when you can't pick up you baby and walk around with him for long you just feel like a terrible mother you don't think about why!

I still have the odd twinge in my right hand side but I think that is because Baby M had his head pretty well buried into that side and they had to cut a bit into the side to get him out.  It's nowhere near as painful as it was.  My scar is healing well.

I have had my first period - I won't go into details but Oh My God! I hate being a woman sometimes!! I'm sure other mums will know exactly what I'm talking about.

I feel like we are getting into a rhythm as parents now too, no Baby M still isn't sleeping through the night before you ask. But we are used to getting up and who is getting up. 

I am now able to manage to walk good distances.  I am looking forward to doing exercise and after we get back from our time at my folks caravan the exercise routine will begin.  My dad has given me his bike rollers to borrow so I can cycle in the garage if the weather is bad and I can't wait to get back running.  I'm looking forward to strengthening my core and doing some yoga.  I can't wait to get rid of this belly!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment