Thursday 13 February 2014

Meme: Desert Island Discs



The lovely Mummy Tries nominated me for this Desert Island Discs Meme.  Her fantastic post can be found here.  You need to compile a mixed tape of your favorite songs that you wouldn't mind listening to on repeat if you were stranded on a desert island.

Lionel Richie - Dancing on the ceiling
As many of my friends will tell you this is my tune.  It cheers me up if I feel down, its the first song I request when I'm out dancing and when it comes on the radio I crank the volume up.  How can anyone not want to have a boogie to this??!


James Morrison - You make it real
This was our first dance song at our wedding, I couldn't not have it on my tape.  It makes me smile when I think back to our special day but it also makes me thankful for everything we have.


5ive - Keep on Moving
This song reminds me of my time at uni and going out with my friends.  This was my "getting ready" song.  I have some wonderful memories from my uni days and have made some amazing friendships

  
Dolly Parton - 9 to 5
This song was my friend and I's song throughout our nurse training - especially when we were on placement.  Even now whenever we hear it we text each other, as we are nearly 300 miles away from each other we don't get to see each other as often as we would like


Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
The Kaiser Chiefs were the first band Mr M & I went to see together, they put on an amazing performance at the Assembly Rooms in Edinburgh!! We had an amazing night!! If we had had a girl Ruby was one of our top 5 names because of that night and how much we love this song


Imagine Dragons - It's Time
I really like this song, it used to haunt me driving to work and constantly be on in the car no matter when I was driving.  I have no reason other than I really like it to add it to the list


Emily Sande - Read all about it
This song makes me want to cry, I get so emotional when I listen to it.  There would be times on a desert island where I would feel like a good sob so I'd stick this song on.  Plus the woman has unbelievable talent!!


Passenger - Let Her Go
Again I just love this song and at the moment it also reminds me of my mum as she has this song on repeat!!



So there you have it, these are my choices.

Now over to these lovely people to share their ultimate mixed tapes

Jen at Instinctive Mum
Rosey at PND & Me
Emma at Me, The Man & The Baby
Zena at Zena's Suitcase
Ginger at Gertie & Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment