Tuesday 6 May 2014

Black & Decker 18V Lithium-Ion Dustbuster® Flexi Hand Vac - Review



I was thrilled to be chosen to test the Black & Decker 18V Lithium-Ion Dustbuster® Flexi Hand Vac
When the product arrived I was quite surprised how compact it was, I was expecting it to be bigger.



The Black & Decker 18V Lithium-Ion Dustbuster® Flexi Hand Vac is very light.  It comes with a docking station for charging which also has an area to store the accessories.


The Black & Decker 18V Lithium-Ion Dustbuster® Flexi Hand Vac can be used as a compact dustbuster with the hose attached or you can use the extending hose to reach places such as between the fridge and cupboards or in the car foot well. 


There are 3 attachments – a flip out upholstery brush for areas such as lampshades & curtains, a pet tool to remove pet hair or the crevice tool for difficult to reach areas. 

Before you use the product you need to charge it on the docking station, when you first put it on charge a blue light flashes, once it’s charge the blue light is solid.  This took about 4 hours the first time. 


I loved the idea of the pet attachment, we have the hairiest cat & I feel like I am forever getting our big hoover out to hoover our rug.  She likes to lie on the rug but with our 4 month old lying on his mat on the rug I like to make sure it isn’t covered in fur.  With this product I could just put the pet attachment on and in a matter in minutes the rug was fur free! The first time I used the Black & Decker 18V Lithium-Ion Dustbuster® Flexi Hand Vac I was surprised how much fur it pulled off the rug.  The rubber teeth are great for making sure not a piece of fur is missed.  I now use the Black & Decker 18V Lithium-Ion Dustbuster® Flexi Hand Vac daily to hoover the rug to make sure it’s fur free.



I haven’t hovered my car in the year that I’ve had it – shocking I know!!  The main reason I haven’t is because of where I park my car there isn’t an electrical socket nearby and I have to dig out our extendable extension cable.  I know this sounds really lazy!!

I made sure I had fully charged the Black & Decker 18V Lithium-Ion Dustbuster® Flexi Hand Vac before I used it to clean my car, I knew it might take a while.  

I started in the boot and made the mistake of using the upholstery attachment to start with.  My thinking was the it is quite wide and would pick up more dirt.  It didn’t really work though.  I then put on the crevice tool and it worked much better. 




Due to my faffing the battery ran out before I had cleaned my car – I had been hovering for 15 minutes though and as the battery life is 10 minutes that really isn’t bad.  I place it on charge for about 30 minutes and was able to finish my car.

There was a lot of dirt and sand in my car from our many walks, whilst the foot wells weren’t immaculate there were pretty close and I was happy with the results.  My car seats were left spotless




The see through window allows you to see when you have to empty and is easy to open and put the dust straight into the bin. 



Prices vary online for the Black & Decker 18V Lithium-Ion Dustbuster® Flexi Hand Vac from £114.99 to £136.99.

If you are looking for a great compact hoover that ticks all the boxes I would definitely recommend this product.  It has great suction and the different attachments are brilliant and do what they say this will.  The docking station doesn’t take up much room either and could be stored in a corner or even in a cupboard. 

I would give this product 5/5 – it is easy to use, great suction and cleans to a high standard

Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review.  I was sent this product to review and in return was able to keep the product.  My views are my own


I have added this review to Family Fever and We're going on an Adventure's #TriedTested, go check out other great reviews 

No comments:

Post a Comment