Wednesday 9 April 2014

Mummy Baking - Rhubarb Crumble

We grow our own rhubarb.  Last year I kept leaving it thinking it would grown more and it ended up rotting.  This year to encourage more growth I have decided to cut of stems when they have reached a reasonable size.

I asked Mr M what he would like me to do with the rhubarb and he said he really wanted a crumble.  As there wasn't that much rhubarb I decided to make 2 small individual crumbles for us.





Below is the recipe I use for a normal size crumble for these small ones I halved the amount of everything

Preheat the oven to 180degrees

Measure 8oz flour, 3oz butter and 4 teaspoons of sweetner/5oz sugar (Mr M is type 1 diabetic so I try not to use sugar)

Mix these in a bowl.  Rub the mixture between your fingers to get the best crumbly effect




Cut the rhubarb into small cubes and put in a pan.

Use a dessert spoon to put about 5 spoonfuls of water into the pan.  You aren't boiling the rhubarb but adding enough water to help it soften.  I keep some in a cup beside me as I cook incase I need to add more

Put the rhubarb mix in your bowl/ramekins



Put your crumble mix on top of the rhubarb

Place in the oven for 30 minutes




Put in a bowl with cream/ice cream/custard

Yum Yum!!



No comments:

Post a Comment