Monday 17 March 2014

Our first visit to Stanley Park

We've lived in this area now for nearly 5 years but have never been to the park, probably because we haven't had Baby M to take.

I don't know how many times we have driven past but I was really surprised how big the park is.  Stanley Park is in Blackpool, across the road from the zoo.  It is a 15-20 minute drive from our house.

The park has a lovely big pond where you can feed the ducks and in the summer they have boat rides and even fishing.

We went to the park on a glorious sunny day, it was quite busy!

We walked all around the pond, unfortunately Baby M slept the whole way round.

We then walked by the skate park, BMX ramps and the many tennis courts, football and basketball pitches.  There is also an athletics track within the park.  Lots to do with Baby M when he gets a little bigger!

There is also a play park, it's separated into a small park for young children and then a bigger play area for older children.  I'm sure Baby M will love it!

We decided to walk through the lovely garden areas and took a seat on a bench by the fountain.  I can imagine this part of the park looks lovely in the summer.

Luckily I am on mat leave until end of August so I can see we will be visiting the park lots once the weather improves.

I was pleasantly surprised by the park, I am really looking forward to many more days spent here with Baby M throughout the year.  The Friends of Stanley Park website list events taking place at the park so we will be keeping on eye on that as well.

I've linked this post with Coombe Mill #CountryKids, check out the website for other blogs stories of outdoor fun this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment